Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Schezuan Potatoes

            I have created quite a few dishes that I am proud of. The dish I am posting today is my favourite yet! So a heads up to all you readers. To cook my usual dishes, you just have to do something similar to what I explain and you don’t actually have to as accurate as I explain. But, for this dish, please try to do exactly what I say. I am not saying I am a masterchef or anything, but from experience I can say that even a small change in the crucial part of this dish will mess it up. Trust me. This dish is easy to cook, but requires a little more attention than my usual recipes. So, brace yourselves for the new recipe!!!
The Ingredients
Ingredients:
5 medium sized potatoes (Diced)
4 Onions (Diced)
Half a Capsicum (chopped lengthwise)
2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
3 tablespoons of “Ching’s Schezuan Chutney”
½ tablespoon of Tomato Sauce
¾ tablespoon of Dark Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon of Green Chilly Sauce
3 teaspoons of Black Pepper powder
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste

How to MAKE:
I usually don't garnish...!
            First, cook the potatoes in boiling water till they are about 3/4rth cooked and keep them aside. Now, heat the oil in a pan and then add 2 tablespoons of the Schezuan Chutney. Stir it and immediately add the onions to this. Cook the onions till the smell of the “Chutney” subsides a little. Now, add the capsicum and saute it till the raw smell of the capsicum settles. Next, add the potatoes and mix everything together well together. Make sure that the reddish colour spreads evenly all over the potatoes. Now, add pepper powder, the last tablespoon of the Schezuan Chutney, and the 3 different sauces and toss it around to mix it well. Now add salt to taste. Now comes the most crucial step of the dish. Add about 50 ml water to the dish, keep it on high flame and keep stirring it till the water evaporates. Do the same thing exactly 3 more times with the same amount of water. This is the crucial step because, this makes the flavour go into the potatoes. If you cook it on low flame by adding a lot of water, the entire dish will become soggy and won’t taste as good. Finally, add the green chillies and mix well. Add 50 ml and do the previous procedure one last time. But this time, instead of plainly stirring the dish, mash one or two pieces of potatoes and then mix everything well. Now, finally, turn off the flame and the potatoes are ready to be devoured!! Serve hot!

P.S: While stirring, make sure not to crumble any potatoes if possible until the last step.


3 comments:

  1. Excellent!! Keep up the good work bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Rakesh...thanks for posting it....its been gud exploring in interested area

    ReplyDelete